On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:55:47 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Dnia 2013-07-10, o godz. 23:40:11
> yac <y...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):
>
> > On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:25:50 +0200
> > Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >
> > > First of all: please wrap lines at 72 or 80 chars (even if the
> > > original eclass didn't do that).

> > > I know you're not responsible for this but it seems wrong to have
> > > two different behaviors depending on PN. Is this used somewhere
> > > actually?

> > That's what I thought when I saw that but I found that all the
> > dev-python/twisted-* packages are depending on this, so I went with
> > it.
> >
> > Now I'm thinking I could instead provide functions
> > twisted-r1_twisted_src_uri and twisted-r1_twisted_build_dir used as
> >
> > SRC_URI="$(twisted-r1_twisted_src_uri)"
> > S="$(twisted-r1_twisted_build_dir)"
> >
> > in the depender ebuilds.
>
> I'm more-of wondering if that conditional is really necessary useful.
> Unless I'm missing something, the non-twisted ebuilds will replace
> those variables anyway, won't them?

The dev-python/twisted-* packages do rely on this. They will set just
MY_PACKAGE=

And the S, SRC_URI, LICENSE, SLOT, IUSE is set by the eclass.

Other than dev-python/twisted-* packages does not match, so they need
not to override it.

I think the main purpose is code deduplication regarding setting the
SRC_URI and S.