Arun Raghavan <ford_pref...@gentoo.org> writes:

> There are images available for this, btw, if you want to see how it
> works and poke around. I'd seen some repositories, but don't know if
> there's enough public to do your own build.

I am very interested in such an image. Would you please dig out a link
for me? I searched the web in vain.

>> As a natual consequence of the on-going Google Summer of Code project,
>> Gentoo on Android[3], we can run native Gentoo on *all* the Android
>> devices. Compiling out an Xorg and output to HDMI has no theoretical
>> difficulty. Furthermore, sharing of graphic output with Android (instead
>> of a separate HDMI output) can be explored with wayland x11[4].
>
> There are a lot of _hard_ problems here (display, audio, input,
> codecs), not to even begin on proper policy integration (your phone is
> hooked up, voice call starts, what do you do).

Yes, you're right.

> That's not to discourage your effort at all - I think it's great that
> you're kicking this off and that there is so much enthusiasm for this.
> I look forward to seeing the solutions that emerge to solve all of
> these, and am happy to offer to test on a device or two.

I'd make it incremental, by releasing only a full Gentoo environment
(Gentoo RAP) as the first step. Then base on that, gather forces to
attack the hard(-ware) problems you mentioned.

Cheers,
Benda