On 08/20/2013 01:54 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
>> For example, hasufell has suggested checking ${DOCS// /} to support
>> DOCS='   ' as well.
>
> Looks like over-engineering to me. Are there any use cases for it?

No, just caution, so we don't have to realize that our default
src_install is broken again.

>> 4. Globbing support in DOCS array
>> 5. Appending to DOCS
>
> Creeping featurism. Define an explicit src_install if you need any of
> these, and I'm sure it will improve readability of your ebuild.

I don't see how defining phases explicitly improves readability which
even increases chances of overwriting phases by accident and having
further complications especially in multilib eclasses.

DOCS=( foo* )

looks pretty readable to me