On 25/09/13 11:06, Thomas Sachau wrote:
William Hubbs schrieb:
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 02:55:49AM +0200, Tom Wijsman wrote:
Makes me wonder if the "Why?" question should be left unanswered; I'm
also not quite sure if we can produce a short answer, can the actual
problem be summarized in one short clear sentence at all?

I will try, but not in this thread. I want this thread to stay focused
on the news item.

Here is the updated newsitem based on feedback I have received so far.

William

What about busybox[sep-usr]? Is that still supported or is everyone with
separate /usr forced to use an initramfs?

I don't see how busybox[sep-usr] would fix the problem of net-wireless/bluez installing to /usr and bluetooth keyboards, or sys-apps/kbd installing keymaps to /usr, and so forth Should just declare it unsupported -- that's doesn't stop people from still using separate /usr. I think the point with declaring it unsupported is to let people know there will be issues, and they have to deal with them.