On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Alex Alexander <wi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò <flamee...@flameeyes.eu
> > wrote:
>
>> I don't understand people's insistence with a single product herd given
>> we don't have enough manpower yet and I don't want to have an explosion of
>> aliases I need to subscribe to, the spam is enough as it is.
>

> Herds are definitely not the solution for everything, but they make sense
> when you have multiple people interested in maintaining large sets of
> ebuilds. If nothing else, they make life easier for bug wranglers,
> especially when you have >2 maintainers.

You read my comment the wrong way (or I wrote it too hastily to be
understood). I mean I don't see the need to split sysadmin herd in three or
more. Sure there is stuff in sysadmin that I don't care about because I
don't use, but nothing forces me to maintain all of it. And if nobody cares
about I'm perfectly fine to mark it as m-n.

But I don't see the point in saying "well, nobody cares about nagios but
two people, so we're moving it to a nagios herd". Might as well just use
the two maintainers there, then.

Yes I know I haven't been active at all. My time management is terrible and
even after meeting Tom Limoncelli in person I doubt I'll magically start
getting better at it, but I'll try to work on it.