On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
<flamee...@flameeyes.eu>wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Alex Alexander <wi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò <
>> flamee...@flameeyes.eu> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't understand people's insistence with a single product herd given
>>> we don't have enough manpower yet and I don't want to have an explosion of
>>> aliases I need to subscribe to, the spam is enough as it is.
>>

>> Herds are definitely not the solution for everything, but they make sense
>> when you have multiple people interested in maintaining large sets of
>> ebuilds. If nothing else, they make life easier for bug wranglers,
>> especially when you have >2 maintainers.
>>

> You read my comment the wrong way (or I wrote it too hastily to be
> understood). I mean I don't see the need to split sysadmin herd in three or
> more. Sure there is stuff in sysadmin that I don't care about because I
> don't use, but nothing forces me to maintain all of it. And if nobody cares
> about I'm perfectly fine to mark it as m-n.
>
> But I don't see the point in saying "well, nobody cares about nagios but
> two people, so we're moving it to a nagios herd". Might as well just use
> the two maintainers there, then.
>
> Yes I know I haven't been active at all. My time management is terrible
> and even after meeting Tom Limoncelli in person I doubt I'll magically
> start getting better at it, but I'll try to work on it.

I misunderstood you, I thought you were comparing having herds to not
having herds at all, my bad. I replied hastily and didn't consider that
nagios and friends are part of a herd already.

I agree that splitting herds is not necessary in a case like this.

--
Alex Alexander
+ wired