On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:11:24 -0500
Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 01/14/2014 08:08 PM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
> >
> > This is under the assumption that the user knows of the state of the
> > stabilization worsening; if the user is unaware of that change, the
> > "could have done anyway" might be less common and first something
> > bad would need to happen before they realize the worsened
> > stabilization.
> >

> If I don't realize it, it ain't broke.

So, you're going to wait for corruption, a security breach or something
along those lines to happen first?

Corruption is what stabilization of consistent dependencies can
prevent, rather than relying on a >=... dependency too much. Security
is what prevents security bugs from remaining present. And so on...

If you don't realize it, it ain't fixed.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D