William Hubbs schrieb:
> When you say "drop keywords" do you mean:
>
> 1) revert the old version back to ~arch or
> 2) remove the old version.
>
> As a maintainer, I would rather do 2, because I do not want to backport
> fixes to the old version.
>
> William

With 1) users would still be using newer versions with ~arch keyword
except with explicit mask on newer versions, so keeping the old versions
doesnt make much sense.

With 2), there may be additional one-time cost for the maintainer (since
he should check with reserve dependencies first to avoid broken
dependency trees), but afterwards this solution should mean an adjusted
amount of stable packages for each arch and no permanent additional work
for the maintainer.

--

Thomas Sachau
Gentoo Linux Developer