On 02/28/2014 08:28 AM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
It would be very helpful if INSTALL_MASK could be overriden from an
ebuild, if user hasn't
set otherwise.
So it could be configured like USE_ORDER which is
"env:pkg:conf:defaults:pkginternal:repo:env.d"
So INSTALL_MASK_ORDER like "ebuild:${user's own INSTALL_MASK}"
This would be very helpful in preventing people from shooting themself
in the foot

The only problem is that I propably don't have enough python skills to
make that happen w/
sys-apps/portage. But does the suggestion make sense? Should I open a
feature request bug?

What would be the purpose?  Can you give me a use case.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]