On 03/08/2014 9:55 PM, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-03-08 at 21:23 -0500, Joshua Kinard wrote:
>> So I want to try and play around with a particular network domination tool
>> on my home network, Omphalos.  However, its current configure script has a
>> hard dependency on bluetooth.h, part of the net-wireless/bluez package.
>>
>> Currently, net-wireless/bluez has a harddep on virtual/udev, which works
>> great if you use either udev or eudev.  I'm using busybox's mdev instead, so
>> the logic of the bluez ebuild needs some changes:
> [...]
>> Thoughts on this?
>
> Does mdev have any API which is equivalent to libudev's hwdb? See
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/libudev/libudev-udev-hwdb.html
>
> If yes, then optimal solution would be to patch bluez to allow using
> mdev's hwdb support, and get the patch upstreamed :)

It's actually not a matter of the hwdb support, it's just the fact that
bluez currently has a harddep on a specific device manager, either udev or
eudev.  By adding the USE conditionals, we can depend on virtual/udev if USE
contains 'udev' (and pass --enable-udev to configure), else, we depend on
virtual/dev-manager (and --disable-udev) for any *other* device manager out
there, which covers mdev in my specific case.

Granted, I got hung up trying to build Omphalos anyways, as my current
running kernel lacks wifi support, and that doesn't appear to be optional.
Have to hack around that or reboot w/ wifi just to build it.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic