On Tue, 27 May 2014 09:02:37 +0200
""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I'm seriously considering just removing src_test to make the package
> more maintainable (less code, less bugs filed, can focus on things
> that *do* impact our users).
>
> If you decide to comment in favor of keeping src_test, please consider
> volunteering to help us with the bugs.
>
> Feel free to suggest solutions that fall somewhere in between - e.g.
> having src_test but not excluding any tests there and using
> RESTRICT=test, so that someone who really wants to run the tests FYI
> can do so.

From a "test it for proper maintenance" point of view this makes some
sense; however, from a "test it for proper usability" point of view
this might become a bit questionable. Some users like to run these
tests in order to know their browser will work on their system; perhaps
even going further than that, it helps more users report bugs upstream.

You could ask the users to file the tests related bugs upstream.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D