Title: UPower discontinued hibernate/suspend support
Author: Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org>
Revision: 1
News-Item-Format: 1.0
Display-If-Installed: <sys-power/upower-0.99.0

UPower discontinued hibernate and suspend support in favor of systemd.
Because of this, we have created a compability package at
sys-power/upower-pm-utils which will give you the old UPower with
sys-power/pm-utils support back.
Some desktops have integrated the sys-power/pm-utils support directly
to their code, like Xfce, and as a result, they work also with the new
UPower as expected.

All users are recommended to choose between:

# emerge --noreplace 'sys-power/upower-pm-utils'

or

# emerge --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'