On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:53:04 +0200
"Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Actually the quizzes are pretty much clear on that.
>
> Revision must be bumped when the on-disk files installed by the
> ebuild are changed.
> Nothing about dependencies.
>
> This has been policy for a LONG time, and we're not going to change
> it overnight just because you protest.

As suggested, later PMS features (eg. (+) / (-), ...) and PM features
(eg. binpkgs, ...) can change that; so, a policy adaption or a clearly
described workflow may at some point be necessary to stay actual.

> Now... whether dynamic deps are technically the right thing to do is
> another question. It merits discussion, but we need to be really sure
> about the consequences of any change.

To deal with that one needs a clear workflow; given that it replaces an
automatic feature or hack without much rebuilds, by something that
needs you to decide whether or not to rev bump and cause more rebuilds.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D