On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:18 AM, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Alexis Ballier <aball...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:

> >> Don't recommend mplayer2, afaik it's dead.
> >
> > Also, I'd drop "modern" from there: I don't see much more modernity in
> > those forks except maybe younger maintainers :)
> >

> Is there an exhaustive list of packages that don't work with one or
> the other?  I don't think I've noticed anything I couldn't install for
> a lack of libav.

Chromaprint will work /differently/ depending on which is used. I added
libav support to it, but the fingerprints are not the same as fingerprints
generated when using ffmpeg. I've not gotten around to fixing that, so if
such a list is being compiled it should be noted on the "don't arbitrarily
switch between ffmpeg and libav if this tool is important to you" list.