On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 12:38 PM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> The council has (at least implicitly) stated that people may stop using
> common eclasses that standardize stuff in gentoo if they don't like them
> (that includes python, ruby, perl... eclasses as well, FYI).

Maybe we should both step back a bit.  The Council has said this, no
more or less:

- Motion: "Every developer is allowed to commit and maintain games
  ebuilds, without the need to ask for permission or review from the
  games team. The games team does not have authority to override
  maintainer decisions on packages they don't maintain."
  Accepted unanimously.
  Note: This should be understood as clarification of existing policy.

- There is consensus amongst council members that specific policies
  (e.g., games group, /usr/games hierarchy, and games.eclass) should
  be settled by the QA team.

- Motion: "The council encourages the games team to accept join
  requests and elect a lead. In the event they don't elect a lead
  within 6 weeks, we will consider the team as dysfunctional and thus
  disband it."
  Accepted with 6 yes votes and 1 abstention.

- Motion: "The council appoints radhermit as the interim lead of games
  until the elections are held."
  Accepted with 4 yes votes and 3 abstentions.

If you have any specific questions as to how this relates to other
projects/eclasses/etc, I suggest that you bring them to the Council.

--
Rich