On 02/14/2015 10:00 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with solutions such as [PHABRICATOR]?
> other similar systems?

(Has everyone forgotten that you don't need Github if you want to send a
`git request-pull` ?)

Phabricator works OK but it's a behemoth and tries to integrate a bunch
of things we don't want to integrate. Maybe there's a way to disable them?

A big turnoff for me was the install instructions, which are:

  $ git clone https://github.com/phacility/libphutil.git
  $ git clone https://github.com/phacility/arcanist.git
  $ git clone https://github.com/phacility/phabricator.git

They all look for each other in the same directory, and there are no
releases.

A good compromise is to host the official repo on git.overlays.g.o and
then mirror it on Github. That way less-experienced git users can
contribute easily, and the devs can figure out how to get the changes
into the official repo.