On Monday 16 February 2015 06:13:10 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:16 AM, Alec Warner <anta...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> you do not go reverting code without actually talking to people.  if
> >> you feel like a revert is necessary, then file a bug.  putting a "QA"
> >> tag at the start of the commit message doesn't give you a pass.
> >
> > Normally I'd side with you on this...but I'm fairly sure repoman doesn't
> > let you commit packages to the tree missing these headers. This leads me
> > to believe you didn't use repoman, or ignored it?
>
> feel free to grab the code i originally committed and run `repoman
> full` yourself.  no fatal errors.  in fact you can see the generated
> tags in my commit message.

Well, AutoRepoman triggered on it.

Testing for fun on a random ebuild:

RepoMan scours the neighborhood...
  ebuild.badheader              1
   dev-db/hyperdex/hyperdex-1.6.0-r1.ebuild: Invalid Gentoo Copyright on line:
1

Which again leads me to the question:

Why are these checks not properly fatal?

(And I really do not like having to repeat myself ...)

> even then, deleting an ebuild purely due to different copyright is
> complete bs.  anyone who understands copyright knows the situation in
> Gentoo is completely unenforceable.  we have no CLA.  this was
> patrick/QA wasting people's time to check a meaningless box.
> -mike

As others have pointed out, policy is policy. Don't shoot the massager.

Since I can't just fix the copyright (that would be more wrong) I opted for the
easy way out - remove offending bits.

Have fun,

Patrick