On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:34:28 +0800
Patrick Lauer <patr...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 19 February 2015 12:31:27 Alexis Ballier wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:48:27 +0100
> >
> > Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > > Please commit the missing ChangeLog update and remember to update
> > > the ChangeLog after changing any eclass in any way. This is an
> > > official policy for any commits to the Gentoo repository [1] and a
> > > lack of consistency in entries to the ChangeLog is confusing to
> > > our developers and users.
> > >
> > > [1]:http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/misc-files/changelog/index.
> > > html
> > this policy is about packages; cvs log is *muuuuch* better than any
> > global changelog for eclasses: who will dig into a thousand
> > changelog entries to find what changed in fcaps.eclass ?
> >
> > if you want changelogs in eclass/,  make it per-eclass, like it is
> > already per-package.
> >

> We've had this discussion before ... so ...

what i remember of it is someone adding a ChangeLog file to eclass/ and
sending an email to ask people to fill it. Mind sharing a link ?

I think I'll add ChangeLog to every category and ask people to fill it
whenever they make changes to a package in that category. This would
have the same level of usefulness as a ChangeLog in eclass/.

Alexis.