On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:42:27 -0500
"Rick \"Zero_Chaos\" Farina" <zeroch...@gentoo.org> wrote:

[...]
> >> We've had this discussion before ... so ...
> >

> > what i remember of it is someone adding a ChangeLog file to eclass/
> > and sending an email to ask people to fill it. Mind sharing a link ?
> >
> > I think I'll add ChangeLog to every category and ask people to fill
> > it whenever they make changes to a package in that category. This
> > would have the same level of usefulness as a ChangeLog in eclass/.
>
> This kind of comment isn't productive, let's stick to being
> productive.

That's because I haven't given the reasons: per-category changelogs
would give long-term tracking with bug references and credits for
package additions and removals.

> If you feel that the commit log is "good enough" then open a bug
> assigned to QA to remove the existing Changelog.  If the existing
> Changelog is removed then our policy would be that it doesn't need to
> be updated anymore.  Not sure how many people would need to sign off
> on that idea, but that would be the process.

Unless I missed something, QA is not the deciding power, council as a
last resort representation of the dev community is; I guess that's why
we're still having this conversation on gentoo-dev ml.

Alexis.