Hi!

Please excuse bringing up a topic as old as this, again.
Only bringing up half, actually.

On 05.05.2011 07:36, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> On 05/01/2011 06:10 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
>> Could you bisect Blender to find out why it doesn't work with the new
>> version?
>
> I tried a few more versions now.  While Blender 2.31a still applies the
> reflection texture, Blender 2.32 does not anymore.  At least on
> <http://download.blender.org/source/> these two appear as consecutive
> releases.

While doing digital cleaning over here I ran into my patches to make
ancient Blender compile again for Gentoo logo rendering.

I have streamlined those into ebuilds and a dedicated overlay

  https://github.com/gentoo/blender-gentoo-logo-overlay

and filled the void in the Gentoo wiki

  https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Artwork/Artwork#The_blue_.22g.22_logo

with a few words and pointers.

The ebuilds are:

  dev-lang/python/
    python-2.2-r8.ebuild

  media-gfx/blender/
    blender-2.26.ebuild
    blender-2.31a.ebuild

So whoever needs to render Blender files from 2003 again at some point
should find working ebuilds to do that.  Feel free to join keeping them
in good installable shape.

Thanks and best,

Sebastian