On 2015-03-23 18:54, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Personally I think a tag in metadata to show that a package can be
> touched by others freely would be much more useful than having a big
> herd with a mix of packages that are not even related.

Sure, I'd just like to expose this status in a better manner for the set
of official and unofficial tools out there than having to grep the tree
or similar.

I'm fine with a metadata flag if people can agree on what that is as I'm
unsure if the previous discussion on that topic went anywhere.

> If people usually don't have time to fix the tons of packages that
> lacks a maintainer (and, then, they could also fix them without asking
> for permission), I doubt that new herd would get much real help :(

This isn't about unmaintained pkgs or asking for help. It's more an
experiment in non-territorial package maintenance.

Tim