Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
>>  I know if I were still on rsync (or webrsync), I'd be raising hell about
>> the lack of
>> changelogs well before now
> Perhaps rather than raising hell you'd do better to raise money to
> hire an infra team to fix the bug or something.
>
> I get the frustration, but we only have a few people who have the
> necessary access to fix the problem.  Infra is also a difficult
> project to deal with in general because it is fairly closed due to the
> implications of having random people messing with it.  I don't really
> see anybody stepping up to try to change anything fundamental about it
> either.  This isn't the sort of thing that will get better if the
> council votes on something.

Then perhaps all this should have been worked out BEFORE switching to
github?

As a user, I would look at the change logs pretty regular, more than the
ebuilds to be honest.  Now, there is none.  If a package changes, I have
no clue why it changed unless I go dig that information out somewhere
and that somewhere doesn't seem to be in one place.  When I tried to dig
some info out a while back, I found some on github thingy and then some
more on gentoo.org itself.  I'm still not sure what change lead to what
because there is no real order of events that I could see.  This was
shortly after the change.  After that, screw it.

I don't mind change but it seem this one wasn't really ready to be done
yet although most made it sound like it was.  I been using Gentoo since
2003, the 1.4 days, and even I can't figure out where to find
information easily and I have a stable DSL connection.  I feel real
sorry for people who don't have one.  I might add, I had a really
limited dial-up connection when I first started using Gentoo so I know
how it is to be in that situation.  I haven't forgot those days.

Going back to my hole for the simple reason, it's screwed up and no one
seems to think it worth fixing.  I noticed that as soon as I saw the you
need to figure out a way to fix it yourself comment.  One thing about
being around so long, when you see that comment, you may as well kiss it
good bye.  That's code for we aren't going to fix it, you figure out a
way for yourself.  It's rare that anything gets fixed after that.

Dale

:-)  :-)