On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 08:10:19 +0100
Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 20:59:21 +0100
> > Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> >> Please find below a patch which will enable EAPI 6 support in
> >> latex-package.eclass. The main change is that it won't inherit base
> >> any more.
>
> > lgtm, thanks
>
> Pushed to master, with one additional change (see below). Seems better
> to have the function explicitly die, especially since for a query
> function there won't be any error checking in the caller.

indeed; one last thing I was thinking is the 'texmf-update' call in
latex-package_rehash will always run for /, even with ROOT!=/. Since
with those changes texlive is more or less mandated, maybe it'd be
worth using etexmf-update from texlive-common.eclass. It won't make a
big difference but at least show a warning :)