> Well, if we're going to force it to be in the stage3, I guess this
> boils down to whether eudev or udev is the better nano.

"Nicht alles was hinkt ist ein Vergleich", as we say in German.
Emacs has a flexible extension language, whereas nano uses a
configuration file. Not sure in which direction this would map to
OpenRC and systemd.

> I think it makes far more sense to just remove some of the controversy
> by taking it out of the system set first.  Then I doubt anybody would
> notice the switch.

Take what out of the system set? virtual/udev isn't there, in the
first place, and virtual/dev-manager is needed for a working system.

Ulrich