On 14 February 2016 at 22:23, Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> udev: it's the default in every major distro that everyone tests and
> develops against.
>
> eudev: no one of any relevance outside of Gentoo runs it.

I honestly don't understand this argument that pops over and over.

No "major distro" using udev without systemd, so OpenRC people are
already using udev in unsupported setup.

Better to use a tool that is tested and supported in this setup.

Or maybe I do not understand and mission is for us to switch to systemd?

Systemd users/developers should not mind what the default is as they
are forced to use one variant anyway, these users/developers should
not force their opinion upon others.

Thanks,
Alon