William Hubbs schrieb:
Maybe FUD is the incorrect way to put it, but I think us doing > something about it at this point is definitely premature since >
KDBUS is no where near ready to go -- they were forced to retract > it a while back because they had to re-think the design.

kdbus got sent for inclusion in the kernel, and they were sure ready to pull off their plan back then if kdbus had been accepted.

Whether switching to eudev now is premature is actually the central issue of this whole discussion. Given that dropping support for udev on non-systemd systems was narrowly avoided once, and upstream leaves no doubt that they are ready to do so once their redesigned kernel message bus goes upstream, I say describing such a move as "definitely premature" is not warranted.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn