Brian Dolbec schrieb:
Thank you for bringing this information to the forefront of this debate.

So, is it not better for us Gentoo-er's that wish to not install
systemd, to set the default non-systemd udev to eudev.

Note that I am not advocating for or against this move. I was just pointing out what I consider bad arguments.

This includes labeling valid concerns as "pure FUD", and calling a move "definitely premature" when it was only circumstances beyond udev upstream's control which prevented it from becoming a necessity.

I do feel that the eudev critics are correct in pointing out that both the real-world exposure of eudev so far and the size of its development team are too small. Whether it is a good idea to attempt to increase them by making eudev the Gentoo default I don't think I am qualified to answer.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn