On 05/04/2016 10:52 AM, Sam Jorna wrote:

>>> How is that relevant here at all? I'm cleaning up portage installed
>>> init scripts, [...]
>>
>> You are cleaning up only those init scripts that are installed from
>> FILESDIR, but you will miss the ones that are installed from a file
>> in SRC_URI.
>
> Perhaps an alternate way to do it would be to have a QA check look at
> any files installed to ${D}etc/init.d/ and throw a warning if their
> shebang is "#!/sbin/runscript"

A repoman check is a much saner approach, I'm not convinced there is
sufficient need for this change to begin with, in particular to start
touching a wide range of packages. Breaking backwards compatibility in
any way should have a darn good reason, and I haven't seen one yet

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net