On 06/07/2016 10:31 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

> > Your thoughts?
>
> > [1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Sunrise
>
> Sunrise was a great way to learn packaging for Gentoo. Reviews were
> *very*
> strict in the past, resulting in better QA standards than the Gentoo
> main tree
But here's the funny thing:

While there was a syntactical review that made these ebuilds wonderfully
strict no one seems to have compile-tested them. So when I ran a
test-build over all of sunrise about half the packages had invalid
SRC_URI, didn't compile, patches didn't apply, etc.

So from my perspective it was *useless* enforcement of arbitrary rules
with little to show for it.