On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 06/17/2016 07:05 PM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
>>
>> Then everyone PLEASE stop referring to the Gentoo ebuild tree as
>> portage.  Reserve portage for the upstream PACKAGE MANAGER.
>
> indeed

Agree, though this wasn't the sense I meant it in (in case there was
any confusion).

1. There is the Gentoo Repo (which I always try to describe using those words).

2. Then there is the sys-apps/portage package in the Gentoo repo.

3.  And then there is the portage upstream that occasionally makes
releases that end up as #2.

It is between 2-3 that we need to distinguish here.

I agree with the suggestion that context is sufficient already.

--
Rich