On 07/06/2016 02:11 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:

> Is everybody here at least agreed that this particular situation was
> not handled well?

Indeed

> announcement (which is something we lack - we issue GLSAs sometimes
> ages after something is fixed on x86/amd64).  Granted, that should be
> news enough that people are getting the message in other ways unless
> it is Gentoo-specific.

GLSA is a separate discussion, but amd64 and x86 are not the only stable
architectures in Gentoo, and the GLEP isn't sent until stabilized across
the supported arches. That.. and a lower than wanted manpower to write
up the GLSAs vs scouting, wrangling and auditing work.

> I believe we already have a security severity classification system of
> some kind with targeted response times, so maybe we can tie policy
> into that?

Makes sense

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net