On 07/06/2016 03:49 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:

> I understand that.  However, I just sometimes wonder whether that
> approach makes sense.  The result of the current system is that we
> don't release GLSAs until well after a bug is fixed, sometimes after
> months.

It makes sense for long term server management where you don't want to
update the full tree too often, but I agree GLSAs needs to be put out
more timely

> GLSAs should almost follow the lifecycle of vulnerabilities, or maybe
> be issued per-arch.  Lots of ways to handle it.

Indeed. The easiest way in many ways is a discussion on which
architectures should qualify for security support to begin with, given
stabilization times etc the list for discussion would likely start off
with only amd64.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net