On 12/02/2016 10:45 AM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
> On 02/12/16 01:31 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 13:24:29 -0500
>> Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>>> I have no idea. What's your point?
>>
>> That naming conventions are generally complicated and a mess, and that
>> no-one wants to have to remember whether it's firefox, Firefox, or
>> FireFox.
>>

> It's also more convenient at the consone to just type everything
> lowercase.  I expect that's the primary reason it's discouraged.

That seems the most likely to me as well.

We could make a more "user friendly" feature by setting up bash
completion for package names, but that sounds a) daunting, b)
error-prone, and c) probably not worth the time spent writing the
script(s) necessary.

--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net