Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:49:40 -0400 Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Agostino Sarubbo <a...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >
> > Now, since I work on these arches just to help, i.e. I don't have any
> > business
> > and I do non have any installation of those arches and the work I'm doing is
> > not appreciated at all I decided to stop for now.
>
> I wouldn't say that your work is unappreciated.  However, when those
> are called "unmaintained" arches it reflects the fact that very few
> are contributing to them.  The nature of a linux distro is that one
> person could be working 24x7 with bleeding fingers and it would be
> like sticking a finger in a dike.  It takes more than one contributor
> (even a serious one) to make something like this viable.
>
> > I will take a break also from amd64 and x86...let's see how things will
> > change.
>
> I'm not sure I really see the connection but you're of course welcome
> to work on whatever you want to.  In the case of amd64 we already
> encourage individual package maintainers to stabilize their own
> packages, and I think this is much more sustainable than having an
> arch team do it.

Huh? Have our rules changed? As per devmanual[1] and GLEP 40[2]
stabilization must be carried out by arch teams, unless a special
arrangement is done between a developer and a team.

[1] https://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html
[2] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLEP:40

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko