On śro, 2017-07-26 at 19:17 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 07/25/2017 10:05 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
> > to indicate a fixed bug,
>
> At this point fixes is overloading
> > ** <kbd>Fixes: commit-id (commit message)</kbd> — to indicate fixing a
> > previous commit
>
> This use should be forbidden.

...because? But sure, you don't like it, let's remove it. Not that
anyone will actually prefer the things from the GLEP over anything else.

> > reference a bug,
>
> See other comments in thread wrt Gentoo-Bug.
>
> > ** <kbd>Closes: <nowiki>https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/NNNN</nowi
> > ki></kbd>; — to automatically close a GitHub pull request,
>
> Is this a generic tag for any pull request of any platform?

No. As I've told multiple times already, there are *no* generic tags. It
just happens to be used by some random platforms. Some others use e.g.
'Fixes' which you forbade.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny