> I suggested that when security bugs are complete, that if there are
> exp architectures still Cc'd, that security simply reassign to the
> maintainer and let the bug continue as a regular stabilization bug.

> Unfortunately Aaron says that this is far too much work -- the hassle
> of reassigning a bug and all.

Let's look at the security team's own policy on that (thanks to K_F
for pointing me to it):
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Security/GLSA_Coordinator_Guide#Bugs_in_.5Bstable.5D_status

| All arches (including "unsupported" arches) must be called. But note
| that only "supported" arches (as defined in the policy) are needed
| before the bug can advance to [glsa] status

Note that it says "unsupported arches", not "unsupported arches with a
stable profile". In fact, the whole guide doesn't mention profiles at
all.

The alternative scenario would be only to add supported arches to the
security bug. This would mean that the maintainer had to open a second
bug for stabilisation on unsupported arches (which includes not only
arches with experimental profiles, but also stable ones like arm).
Maybe that would take away some hassle from the security team, but it
would certainly mean more work for both maintainers and arch teams.

Ulrich