On Feb 4, 2018 12:04, "Matt Turner" <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Samuel Bernardo
<samuelbernardo.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I send this email to know the opinion of gentoo developers about
> registering gentoo profiles in the context of reproducible-builds.org

Reproducible builds makes sense when you're distributing binaries to
users. That's not typically the case with Gentoo.

What would this even mean in the context of a source-based distro?

It would mean that we all could reproduce the exact same bugs given the
CFLAGS/USE/etc. combination.

Many groups are working on this from different fronts; if the results
stabilize at some point, Gentoo could use that to at least give the users
the option of enabling reproducible builds.

Regards.