Richard Yao schrieb:

To make code behave differently it needs substantial amount of code
to provide you an example. You need to him O2<->O3 behaviour delta
after all. But I will try (for a different warning, it should not matter
much).
Thanks. I had been incorrect about -O3 giving not us some additional
information for warnings. My apologies for the confusion.

Below is a reduced example of a larger C++ program.
Many thanks to Ulya for providing recent example!

Not that it matters now, but there are examples of packages building at -O2 but failing to build at -O3 optimization levels, due to -Werror.

One is dev-libs/libcss: https://bugs.gentoo.org/626752

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn