On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 09:12:26AM -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
> All,
>
> based on the previous thread about copyright attribution clarifications,
> I want to add the following AUTHORS file to the top level of the portage
> repository if no one objects.
>
> This is based on the description of the AUTHORS file at Google [1].
>
> Everyone is not required to be listed, but  there is no reason you can't
> add yourself if you have contributed to the tree and want to be listed.
>
> I hope this will satisfy everyone involved in the discussion.
>
> Thoughts?

It seems to me this will grow huge, and be the source of annoyance for
users.

There's a plausible opinion that today's Unixes will stay around
forever:
https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/unix/DurableCurrentUnixes

And obviously Gentoo is the best flavour of them, so...

Are there any long-lived community FOSS projects maintaining such file?
FFmpeg had such one (CREDITS file), but eschewed it in 2013 for a short
notice "check git log".