On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:49 AM Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 11:59 AM Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 7:41 AM Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > It makes sense to ensure that the solution actually solves the problem
> > > before we simply implement it.
> > >
> > > If we really need such a file it would probably also make more sense
> > > to have it auto-generated from git commit headers
> >
> > And how do you want to determine whether William's contributions are
> > copyright Sony or now? Do you want to look up his timezone and check
> > whether they were made during work hours?
>
> No, you look at the Copyright-owner header or whatever we want to call
> it, and use that.  Companies that care about labeling what they own
> can take the time to properly document this.

What Copyright-owner header are you talking about? You've been the
most outspoken opponent of using what appears to be the standard
attribution form specified in GLEP-76, and now that we have what I
think is a really good compromise you're against that too?

I know mailing list debates are your personal pastime but this is a
real wasteoftime.