On Mon, 2020-07-13 at 19:33 +0200, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
(klondike) wrote:
> El 13/7/20 a las 19:23, Michał Górny escribió:
> > On Mon, 2020-07-13 at 19:07 +0200, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
> > (klondike) wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > We have currently two packages that have USE cpu-flags-x86-rdrand as
> > > there is no USE_EXPAND version available. This pattern is likely to
> > > confuse users as they may not be aware of the difference between dashes
> > > and underscores.
> > >
> > > Affected packages:
> > > dev-haskell/cryptonite
> > > dev-libs/json-c
> > >
> > I'm sorry but I haven't been following the big rdrand-AMD drama closely.
> >  Does the kernel mitigate broken RDRAND after resume these days?
> >
> AGESA patches do exist to address this issue:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cmza34/agesa_1003_abb_fixes_rdrandrdseed/
>  I suspect AMD microcode does too.

Lemme rephrase: is this something we should be warning our users before
they enable the flag?  I think we should aim to avoid the situation that
cpuid2cpuflags enables this behind user's backs and their programs
suddenly break as a result.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny