On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 11:59:21 +0200
Agostino Sarubbo <a...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to let you know that the CI is now able to work with
> overlays.
>
> Since Guru is pretty active I took advantage of this situation to
> implement and test the CI

Thank you for implementing this, it certainly helps raise the standard
of guru packages.

> Atm it has been configured to work with master branch.
> I don't know how much is useful scan the dev branch since a first
> revision has not yet been done. If you have opinions about, please
> let me know.

I'm not sure this would be very beneficial. It's often that feedback is
left on packages in dev to get them in a presentable or
issue free state before being pushed to master. Running
the tinderbox against dev might just make a few too many bugs,
perhaps picking up some which are already in the process of being
fixed. The dev branch doesn't lag too far behind master these days
anyhow.

> More info at:
> https://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2020/07/04/gentoo-tinderbox/
>
> The bugs will have an internal_ref as guru_ci.
>
> Agostino

On the subject of many bugs, there are now almost 150 open bugs
assigned to g...@gentoo.org. With this has come quite an email avalanche
for which I think people must have set up mail filters by now. I
imagine this means that bugs will no longer get the same
amount of attention as they used to. To increase the visibility do you
think it would be a good idea to CC or assign the bugs to the specific
package maintainers rather than g...@gentoo.org?

Cheers
Theo