On 2021-07-07 05:05, Matt Turner wrote:
On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 7:41 PM Thomas Deutschmann <whi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
As you probably know, I am not a Linux desktop user (yet). My complete
experience with that PaX stuff is limited to servers.

Maybe I've misunderstood what you meant. You don't use Linux on the desktop?

But, you maintain Firefox? I'm definitely confused :)

No, I became Firefox maintainer by accident via security project when former devs weren't available and I started to help out.

I actually bought a notebook a few years ago just to be able to do more testing (I have a lot of experience with Selenium where I am using the browser in headless mode but when you want to improve desktop integration...). This also enabled me to become a test user for leio's GNOME 3.30 work which was a great experience.

My Gentoo desktop usage has increased a lot since then but Linux still isn't my *primary* desktop platform (yet).

--
Regards,
Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer