On 2021-11-03 17:44, John Helmert III wrote:
| Upgrade path for old systems
| Vote (unanimous): The ebuild tree must provide an upgrade path to a
| stable system that hasn't been updated for one year.
Does "upgrade path" imply a simple world upgrade is all that should be
necessary to upgrade the system? I wouldn't interpret it this way.

Could you please share your interpretation? I wonder how you can agree on an upgrade path but still require manually hacking to get a system up-to-date. That is basically the definition of "upgrade path"...

--
Regards,
Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer