El mié, 03-11-2021 a las 21:15 -0500, John Helmert III escribió:
> > > Got to agree here. If there's a gap in the documentation,
> > > let's file a bug -- irrespective of if someone is going to give
> > > a patch.
> > > Just commenting this on the ML means it'll get lost
> > > and we'll forget about it...
> >
> > Filed https://bugs.gentoo.org/821553. Please
> > feel free to clarify it.
>
> Thank you! Many of us apparently have differing interpretations of the
> policy (and it's somewhat hidden), so a clear policy in an obvious
> place will be a huge improvement!

I haven't tried yet as, fortunately, I have been able to deal with the conflicts
most of the times but, I was wondering if one workaround would be to simply try
to use emerge-webrsync --revert= option.

That way, people could try to upgrade their old systems going from the oldest
tree to, for example, the tree from August of this year. Later they could update
to a newer snapshot and follow until the end