On 25/08/2022 17.03, Michał Górny wrote:
On Thu, 2022-08-25 at 16:06 +0200, Florian Schmaus wrote:
On 25/08/2022 15.25, Kenton Groombridge wrote:
I think the best way to address this is to have packages ship unit override
files instead of unit files themselves which enable these options. For example,
instead of Gentoo shipping a modified miniflux.service unit file, we can instead
install a file to /etc/system/miniflux.service.d/00gentoo.conf using the
existing systemd_install_serviced helper in systemd.eclass which enables these
options.

Wouldn't the proper place for overrides installed by a distributions
package manager be

/usr/lib/systemd/system/miniflux.service.d/gentoo.conf

These files are meant to be modifiable by the sysadmin, so they don't
belong in /usr.

While then can not be modified, settings made in /usr/lib/systemd/system can be overridden by the sysadmin by placing a file in /etc/systemd/system.

I am not aware of a reason why a package manger should install systemd configuration files under /etc.

- Flow