> Arthur Zamarin <arthur...@gentoo.org> hat am 30.05.2023 18:35 CEST
> geschrieben:
>

> Currently the best solution *per package* is to speak with upstream, to
> add a CI workflow which create a source tarball which includes `vendor`
> dir. This is the best way, and I'm doing that for multiple upstream of
> some random Go packages in ::gentoo. But I know the disadvantage -
> requirement to speak with upstream, explain why, and add it to the
> system. This is best long-run solution, but more hardships.

I would like to add to this, that even if upstream is not willing to do this,
devs could automate the creation of vendor tarballs using GitHub actions. I
only did this for an upstream repositories that are also on GitHub and for
projects written in Rust. Initially I did this for complicated Rust projects
with several git submodules and submodules of submodules. But with a little
tweaking of the GitHub actions I think it would be possible to use it for Go as
well.
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Schievel/autocreate_rust_sources

This is additional initial work, but once you set it up, you don't even have
the extra work of creating a new EGO_SUM for every package release. Ideally you
just have to change the version in the file name of the ebuild to bump a
package.

Security wise I do not see a difference between this and creating the vendor
tarball manually and uploading it to GitHub, as many proxy maintainers without
devspace do it.

Regards
Pascal