On 2.6.2023 21.06, William Hubbs wrote:

>> In theory it's "easy", but in practice how'd you work? This would be
>> fine when a single developer is proxying a single maintainer, but when a
>> a stack of devs (project) are proxying hundreds of different people, it
>> becomes messy and unsustainable rather fast.
>
>  This comment is completely off topic for this thread, so start another
>  thread for it if you want, but if hundreds of people are being proxied
>  by proxy-maint, that seems to be a concern unrelated to this. It seems
>  the fix for that is to advocate for some of these hundreds of people to
>  become developers so they don't have to be proxied any more.

How is it offtopic when I'm answering concerns you raised?

Imagine there are tens of people who do 4 commits a year, roughly, to
bump random go packages. What do you believe is the time investment for
reviewing, testing and committing their contributions, vs. mentoring
them to become devs if they don't involve themselves much outside
bumping these packages? Also, will _you_ volunteer to mentor them?

It's so easy to push more work for others to do. Sorry if I come out
harsh but this is reality, not just theory.

-- juippis