zurabid2...@gmail.com writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new here, so I'm sorry in advance for any stupid thing I may
> say. I want to adopt hunspell for various reasons and what I've
> noticed is a plethora of app-dicts/myspell-* packages (for each
> language there's one).
>
> I suggest merging them into one big myspell-dicts package, which will
> certainly reduce maintenance burden (the similar thing is done with
> libreoffice-l10n, I think).

My only real question is why they're split in the first place and
if there's some good reason for that. I've no idea.

> Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about my proposal

I think you sent this email a few days ago, fwiw, see
https://marc.info/?l=gentoo-dev&m=168872367517846&w=2.

I'd maybe ask on IRC at #gentoo-dev-help & #gentoo-proxy-maint,
as well, where we're focused on helping new contributors.

I'd feel a bit better about the merge, I suppose, if I knew
someone had checked git history and see if anyone suggested
it before on Bugzilla and such.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like a crazy idea prima facie.

best,
sam