> I'm writing to propose the creation of a universal remote-ID file
> within the api.git or gentoo.git in the metadata/ directory.
> Currently, we have eight different locations that require manual
> updates for any future changes, including my recent commit
> (https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/gentoolkit.git/commit/?id=5146d35eb97e2c1a8f7691e59c755ed14e858dd4)
> to gentoolkit and the rest seven as mentioned here
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Upstream_remote-id_types.

> By establishing a universal remote-ID file, we can streamline this
> process. Your thoughts and feedback on this proposal would be greatly
> appreciated.Also, Any preferences on format?

My preference would be a simple text file with a table, similar to
files/uid-gid.txt in api.git. Then we could just modify the existing
tooling to generate the wiki page form it, and wouldn't need any special
tools to create the other files.

Alternatively, it could be in XML. While I'm not a large fan of XML, it
seems a natural choice here, because metadata.xml, the DTD, and the XML
and Relax-NG schemas are all from the XML world.

Ulrich